GFW Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GFW Forum

A meetingplace for all members and non-members of Green Free Will. Here we can discuss, connect and excange ideas together!

Annual meeting 23 april 19:00 at Café planet, be there! Details under Administration - Meetings, stay tuned!

2 posters

Aquaponics: 500 liter system

Alexander
    Admin

Aquaponics: 500 liter system Empty Aquaponics: 500 liter system

Post by Alexander 2014-12-15, 10:38

Here we discuss upgrades and aplications in the current 500 liter AP-system.
    Christoffer

Aquaponics: 500 liter system Empty Re: Aquaponics: 500 liter system

Post by Christoffer 2015-01-25, 10:56

Is everything working well with the system? How is the pump i traded you for the mat? Smile
    What are you growing there?
    Have you had any problems with fungus gnats (banan/fruktflugor)? I had, and I think it was their larva all over my lefy green herbs so they pretty much died. The infestation died out after they had no more plants the could live of so now its getting better. And also we are getting more sunlight. I have 500 watts of metal halide on for a few hours every day but Im not that impressed by those energyconsuming, scolding hot, big and expensive lights. It might be that the bulbs are very old tho but ya know, Im not buyng new ones for 600 kr each. Im gonna get led och fluoresent until next winter.
    Are you using any artificial light?
    Chili is by far liking the enviroment the most! I had ony one fruit for a long while but when it was ready, four more where growing and there are at least ten flowers right now.
    Christoffer

Post by Christoffer 2015-07-05, 15:48

Here's a link to an article Im currently scanning for info. This caught my eye tho: "I recommend finding the highest quality fish feed you can afford that has been formulated specifically for the kind of fish you are growing. Not only will this go a long way to insuring the health of your fish, but since the plants are being fed from the waste of the fish, it will go an equally long way to insuring that your plants have everything they need." och "You should not need to supplement, or supplement only rarely".
    http://theaquaponicsource.com/plant-nutrient-management-in-an-aquaponics-system/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2024-04-26, 21:22